The Business Risk Senior Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Assist the Business in key policy adherence and monitoring.
- Keep Management aware of the risk and control environment of the Business through continuous and open communication, buy preparing and host Business Risk Committee meetings with Senior Management to present and follow-up on issues, concerns and corrective action plans.
- Update and maintain a robust Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) in compliance with the Citi Operational Risk Policy.
- Ensure adherence to the Citi Operational Risk Policy in regard to operational loss approvals and reporting.
- Ensure that the Business has a sound control environment from an information security perspective, including adherence to relevant policies where appropriate.
- Serve as main point of contact for audit groups and ensure that all audit requests are timely and appropriately provided.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years experience in Operational Risk Management, Audit, Compliance or other control function with a particular focus on Risk Control Self Assessment processes.
- Familiarity with 3rd party risk models.
- Ability to concisely write policy documents and guidelines.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Primary Location:New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:$158,140.00 - $237,200.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting