$5K Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Assistance offered!
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Elevate your career as a Medical Technologist today with HCA Florida Trinity Hospital.
HCA Florida Trinity Hospital is a 340-bed, state-of-the-art, hospital located strategically in the tri-county area of Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties. The facility is recognized among the nation's top performers on five key quality measures; heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care and stroke by The Joint Commission.
HCA Florida Trinity Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a Medical Technologist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing by analyzing proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
- Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
- Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
- Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
- Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
- Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
- Perform quality control procedures per protocol and handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results
Qualifications you will need:
- 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
- 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- Technologist License in one or more clinical specialty areas: (Generalist highly preferred)
- Blood bank
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service providerfor clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients withtimely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fullyautomated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo,Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories present in fourHCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories support more than250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercialaccounts.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.