Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the operation of the mobile medical vehicles. Performs basic functions in support and care of patients.
- Montana Commercial Driver's License (class A or class B) required.
- Must possess a good driving record clear of moving violations in the past five (5) years and no major driving offenses (DUI, etc.).
- Current BLS/CPR certification preferred or must be able to, obtain within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Experience in previous healthcare position preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, a self-starter, possess critical thinking skills and be able to set priorities and function as part of a team as well as independently.
- Commitment to working in a team environment and maintaining confidentiality as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Possess and maintain computer skills to include working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other software as needed.
Job Specific Duties:
- Drives the vehicle to various service locations in a safe and timely manner. Chains up tires and drives during winter driving conditions as needed.
- Parks vehicle and deploys leveling jacks per instruction. Plugs in electrical cord from the vehicle to power outlets at destination sites. Unrolls and rolls up power cord and turns on power switches or the generator if there is no power supply accessible.
- Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections for mobile vehicle and tow car.
- Performs general vehicle maintenance for the mobile vehicle and tow car including, but not limited to; checking and adding fluids, washing the exterior, cleaning the front driving windows and adding fuel. Coordinates with Lead Driver/Aide for scheduling routine maintenance and repairs with mechanic.
- Accurately and timely maintains DOT logs via portable device per department protocol.
- Performs driving of the mobile vehicle and tow car in a safe manner.
- Prepares the mobile vehicle for patient care. Stocks dressing rooms with gowns and keeps patient care rooms stocked with required supplies. Prepares the exam rooms for the Technologists.
- Escorts patients from inside the medical facility to the parked vehicle. Assists patients on/off the vehicle and utilizes mechanical wheelchair lift when necessary. Escorts patient to the dressing room.
- At the discretion/direction of the technologist, may obtain patient information and register into the computer system.
- Cleans patient rooms and dressing rooms. Sweeps and mops the floor throughout the vehicle and dusts and cleans furniture, tables and equipment.
- Removes soiled laundry and gowns and obtains new gowns and towels from the medical facility.
- Obtains medical supplies as needed and keeps the mobile vehicle stocked.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Logan Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA/M-F/Vet/Disability). We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for employment. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on protected veteran status, race, color, gender, sexual orientation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Trucking driver type:
- Company driver
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kalispell, MT 59901: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- English (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- CDL B (Required)
Work Location: One location