Mortgage Lending Assistant Vision:
The Mortgage Lending Assistant (MLA) role is designed to provide a variety of administrative services and business development activities for his/her assigned Mortgage Loan Officer(s). This partnership allows the Mortgage Lending Officer (MLO) to cultivate community relationships, manage the file workflow, and provide a seamless mortgage loan process for all members. The true value of the MLA role rests in the incumbents ability to create bandwidth and opportunity for the mortgage lending team to help more families experience home-ownership.
Mortgage Lending Assistant Mission:
Serve TTCU members and co-workers pleasantly and professionally in accordance with TTCU core values of Trust, Respect, Excellence, Kindness, and Stewardship.
- Answer member inquiries, complaints, and concerns in a timely, effective, and kind manner whether received in-person, online, or by telephone.
- Communicate with the borrowing member to retrieve all documents necessary to move the loan application smoothly and efficiently through the mortgage workflow process.
Assist assigned MLO with all activity needed to move the loan file through processing, underwriting, closing, funding, and purchasing.
- Follow up on all details and documents in order for loan files to move smoothly through the process.
- For every file, follow up on and verify that homeowners insurance declaration pages are complete and in Encompass before file is underwritten.
- Fulfill all loan conditions after loan is underwritten by contacting borrowers and requesting all documentation needed to complete the file for closing.
- Maintain close communication with the MLO so all files close on time, and the member experience lives up to TTCU standards of excellence.
- Attend and participate in all marketing and business development activities with realtors and other referral partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate consistently and manage expectations for members and business partners.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Prefer an established presence in the community to help support Loan Officer in marketing efforts.
- Experience in the mortgage lending preferred but not required.