Do you want to join an organization that invests in you? At TriStar Skyline Medical Center, you come first! HCA Healthcare is committed to the growth and development of our future nurses!
The HCA Healthcare StaRN Residency Program is a year-long program designed to give you hands-on experience to help establish valuable clinical and critical thinking skills. As a RN Resident you will be surrounded by a supportive community of nurse educators, experienced nurses, and fellow residents that promote learning, clinical application, and socialization, shepherding you through the transition from student nurse to registered nurse.
We offer a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement. Some available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive benefits for medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, behavioral health and telemedicine services
- Wellbeing support, including free counseling and referral services
- Time away from work programs for paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence
- Savings and retirement resources, including a 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, flexible spending accounts, preferred banking partnerships, retirement readiness tools, rollover support and financial wellbeing counseling
- Education support through tuition assistance, student loan assistance, certification support, dependent scholarships and a partnership with Galen College of Nursing
- Additional benefits for fertility and family building, adoption assistance, life insurance, supplemental health protection plans, auto and home insurance, legal counseling, identity theft protection and consumer discounts
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for some benefits may vary by location.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The StaRN Residency Program at TriStar Skyline Medical Center provides you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. This paid program will assist you with the transition out of the classroom setting through a formalized series of learning experiences, including:
- Advanced clinical training in a specialty area.
- Monthly educational sessions.
- Preceptorship training with a facility preceptor.
- Measurement and evaluation of skills through hands-on simulations.
- Mentoring from experienced nurse leaders.
- Working collaboratively on an evidence-based practice project.
Cohort Start Dates:
- January 2023
- February 2023
- March 2023
- April 2023
- June 2023
- July 2023
- August 2023
- September 2023
- October 2023
- November 2023
- December 2023
- Inpatient Rehab
- Behavioral Health
- Critical Care
- Emergency Services
- OR/Peri-Op 101
The RN Resident coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty. In collaboration with medical providers and other members of the care team, the RN Resident provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care using established nursing models such as “Assess, Perform, Teach, and Manage.” The RN Resident serves as an advocate for patients, families and caregivers to support an unparalleled patient experience.
What will you do in this role:
- Assess patient condition during admission and during each shift as scheduled, identifying and reporting any changes in patient status.
- Perform procedures, monitoring, or other functions as ordered by the medical provider(s). Document the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Perform the administration of prescribed medications. Monitor patient for therapeutic response. Notify provider and intervene as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
- Perform exceptional care by responding promptly to patient requests. Strive to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- Teach patients, families and caregivers about patient medical condition, patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects, and follow-up measures. Translates complex medical terminology to ensure complete understanding.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) obtained within 30 days of employment
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) obtained within 1 year of employment
- Other Certifications maybe required during employment
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse License or Graduate Nurse in the State
- No previous experience needed
- Some travel maybe needed for training
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is a 250+ bed facility. We are Tennessee's first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. In addition, we are equipped with 3 helipads, new ICU and Medical/Surgical floors, and burn care services. We offer a CARF accredited Inpatient Rehabilitation program and are an ACS verified Level II Trauma Center. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the TriStar Skyline Medical Center family! We will provide you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we promptly review all applications. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.