Join the movement!
Pharmacann Inc., one of the nation's leading cannabis companies, is changing the way people view cannabis. Be a part of the team shaping the future of this booming industry, where our people, our reputation and our standards matter. With a strong foundation and dynamic growth plan, opportunities to join our team abound in this fast-paced environment. Are you ready to join the movement?
We're grounded and growing. Based in Chicago, PharmaCann Inc. operates across multiple states including New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Ohio and Pennsylvania with licensing secured in the Midwest and on the east coast. For more information about our company, please visit pharmacann.com.
This person provides security and safety to customers and employees. In order to adequately protect
people and property, security guards must know and enforce rules and regulations to prevent criminal
activity before it happens. They may monitor points of access in a building or property to allow entry
only to individuals with the correct identification or authorization. They walk amongst visitors to
promote order and provide a visible presence that deters safety issues.
This is a 3rd shift overnight position
$18/hr with $3.00/hr shift differential = $21/hr
- Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure
regularly; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points;
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and evict violators from premises.
- Monitor courier vehicles during delivery of product and valuables to prevent theft and ensure safe
Compliance and Reporting
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Report any security or compliance issue or situation to the direct supervisor.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Regional Security Manager and Director of Security. This
- A minimum of 2 years' security, safety, or related experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail, production environment with diverse clientele preferred.
- Demonstrated safety, security, risk management, and client service capabilities.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the Cannabis Control Commission.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- 2-year college degree or related college coursework preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication capabilities.
- Ability to work with team members, clientele to manage risk and ensure compliance.
- Strong orientation to teamwork and collaboration, ability to partner with managers on operational
- Ability to deal with and resolve problems in a professional manner.
- Professional appearance.
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, warehouse, or retail environment
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means to other locations as required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications
associated with this job.