An exciting career awaits you
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
Operations Engineer (G&P Engineer) - Gathering, Pipeline, and Compression
MPLX Gathering & Processing Operations West Region is seeking an Operations Engineer to support the operating areas. The Operations Engineer will provide engineering support, project management, technical stewardship and oversight to gathering, pipeline and compression assets in Texas and New Mexico.
This position will report to the Operations Engineering Manager and requires previous experience in the key areas of operations engineering, crude oil/natural gas/natural gas liquids gathering, pipelines and compression/pump facilities. This position will be focused on providing operations engineering support and the development/execution of gathering, pipeline, and compression related projects.
- Provide day-to-day engineering support for the area Operations teams
- Troubleshoot operational issues and optimize processes utilizing sound engineering practices; devising new and innovative approaches to solve problems.
- Develop and manage maintenance capital and expense projects of varying magnitude and complexity to support the goals of safe, reliable, and compliant operations.
- Ensure projects are designed and constructed in accordance with company engineering guidelines and specifications, industry codes and standards, and regulatory agency requirements to meet necessary functionality and performance requirements.
- Participate in MPLX’s Process Safety Management Process including, PHAs’, Hazard Reviews, MOCs’, PSSRs’.
- Facilitate technical reviews to ensure projects, new engineering standards and corporate technical directives are communicated to operations and any required actions are planned and budgeted.
- Partner with MPLX Environmental, Compliance and Safety teams to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of Federal, State, and Local regulations to ensure facilities comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Develop communication and share technical expertise across multi-discipline teams supporting Operations including: Maintenance, Safety, PSM, Business Development, Technical Service Teams, Contractors, and other ad hoc internal and external stakeholders.
- Independently perform assigned tasks/projects while managing and prioritizing a rapidly changing work list
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Engineering from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 -10 years in midstream operations engineering, crude oil/natural gas/natural gas liquids gathering, pipelines and compression/pump facilities.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in project management is preferred.
- Previous experience in pipeline/process simulations (HYSYS, PROMAX, Synergi Gas/Liquid or Symmetry Process Software) is preferred.
- Previous experience with PSM covered assets is preferred.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current valid driver's license required.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees.
**This position belongs to a family of jobs with increasing responsibility, competency, and skill level. The actual position title and pay grade will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications. **
As an energy industry leader, our career opportunities fuel personal and professional growth.
Location:Midland TX Apex
Additional locations:Carlsbad NM
Job Requisition ID:00007796
Location Address:15 Smith Rd Ste 1000
Education:Bachelors: Engineering (Required)
Employee Group:Full time
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation. Marathon Petroleum offers a total rewards program which includes, but is not limited to, access to health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, 401k matching program, paid parental leave, and educational reimbursement. Detailed benefit information is available at https://mympcbenefits.com.The hired candidate will also be eligible for a discretionary company-sponsored annual bonus program.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability