Operations Manager: Organized, Dynamic & Independent Leader!
Do you enjoy organizing and managing an automotive parts, service and car build operation? Do you have a keen eye for details and enjoy the challenge of planning ahead to keep your team on the fast track to success? Are you an entrepreneurial-minded manager looking to join a forward-thinking team focused on high-quality? Are you ready to shoulder real responsibilities and shift your career into high gear while playing a pivotal role in scaling up a boutique American sportscar?
We are looking for an Operations Manager who is adept at working efficiently in a fast-paced, growing company focused on niche sportscars. The ideal candidate is a natural problem-solver who can take ideas and help commercialize them effectively. InoKinetic Group is committed to growing their employees and giving them opportunities to positively impact our company, as they serve our customers with integrity, passion, and professionalism.
Keep reading IF:
YOU ARE A POSITIVE TEAM PLAYER AND EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR with strong interpersonal skills who cares about supporting and setting your team up for success. You embody a solutions-based working style as you lead our operational pit crew. You can lead cross-functional meetings. You are comfortable communicating professionally with domestic and international customers and suppliers.
YOU ARE A PROBLEM SOLVER WITH A COLLABORATIVE STYLE and if there is a problem, your first instinct is to turn them into opportunities while keeping the team on the racing line. You present solutions to the team and bring different plans of action for improving results. You adapt to changing priorities quickly and efficiently while always maintaining and encouraging a positive attitude.
YOU ARE A SELF-STARTER WHO LIKES TO PLAN AHEAD while taking the lead to find the resources necessary to get an issue resolved, not waiting to be prompted to take action. You show that you understand the importance of collaborating with internal teams in planning and tackling challenges. You are 3 steps ahead, anticipating parts shortages or client needs and are the first to come up with an alternative plan.
YOU ARE NATURALLY ORGANIZED and use spreadsheets, to-do-lists, checklists, and other tools to keep the operation working efficiently. You rarely miss a task or due date, and do not get overwhelmed in the details, having the ability to develop clear action plans for a large project, breaking it down into small manageable tasks. You enjoy crossing t’s and dotting I’s.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 30-60 days and ongoing:
- Learns the basics of InoKinetic products/market by completing the IK Study Guide
- Processes daily orders, phone & walk-in orders independently
- Understands how to use Fedex ship manager software
- Prepared and leads 8am meetings, including setting daily/weekly to-dos and not losing track of longer term projects
- Responds to customer inquiries within 24 hrs
- Orders and receives products, takes inventory and stocks warehouse
- Keeps warehouse/office organized and tidy
- Learns the operations document filing system (paper and digital)
- Charges credit cards in billing system
- Understands Drakan car BOM and suppliers
- Manages and communicates backorders to customers
- Participates and assists with planning company quarterly weekend events: Tech Seminars, Track days, Wine Run, etc
- Learns internal software invoicing, receiving, purchasing
- Learns kitting instructions and kitting products for sale
- Creates International shipping quotes independently
- Provides support for IT and phone needs
- Works with technicians to create service invoices, and assists with scheduling jobs
- Learns MSA software
- Learns boneyard products and process for listing on-line
- Organizes Drakan builds
Within 3 months and ongoing:
- Successfully runs all aspects of operations
- Updates products on website
- Updates operations procedures as needed
- Creates POs independently
- Manages inventory forecasting; knowing what and when to reorder and what suppliers to order from to ensure products do not go out of stock
- Has visited all local suppliers (Temecula Valley & Lake Elsinore)
- Understands exception processes
- Manages Drakan builds
- Responsible for all IT needs
Within the 6 month mark and ongoing:
- Forecasts staff needs
- Participates in yearly business planning
- Analyzes cost and price increases to maintain company targets
- Can define new BOMs and make changes to existing BOMs.
- Leads project to link data transfers between website, ERP, Fedex, and MSA
- Contributes ideas and implements plans to streamline operations
- Leads planning of company events
12th month mark and ongoing:
· Knows all suppliers and parts each supplier provides to InoKinetic
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
● 3+ years’ experience in automotive industry preferred
● 3+ years of operations/warehouse experience required
● Proven experience in inventory control, work order execution, and/or bills of materials required
● 2+ years’ experience working in an ERP or MRP system required
● Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision required
● Skills to use a personal computer and various software packages, including MS Office Suite required
● High School Diploma required
● College Degree preferred
WHO WE ARE:
InoKinetic Group delivers premium products and services for niche markets. We are the North American market leader in the Lotus aftermarket, delivering world-class parts, service and full car builds. We are scaling up a purist car of our own called the Drakan Spyder. We are nimble and adjust our practices based on market needs without compromise to excellent customer experience. We are also a new business incubator that has spawned several companies.
THIS OPPORTUNITY WILL OFFER THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL:
The ability to play an indispensable role within InoKinetic working directly with the President. The opportunity to leave a mark not only on team members, but also on the lightweight sports car market. The chance to contribute to a greater purpose knowing that your work will directly affect the happiness of our passionate clients. An avenue to develop new business ideas and lead the implementation of those ideas while feeling the satisfaction of helping them grow.
Health Insurance, Dental and Vision plans, two-weeks (80 hours) of vacation paid time off (accumulates monthly) per year, 24 hours of sick paid time per year. Profit sharing bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Murrieta, CA 92562: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location