Where you'll be working: Knoxville
Who you are: You are comfortable managing people and projects. You have a high-level writing proficiency and are able to work on tight deadlines. You have a flair for storytelling and are passionate about pursuing earned media opportunities. You’re a demonstrated self-starter who can work independently as needed, while also thriving in a collaborative, teamwork environment. You embrace the PESO media model, whereby paid, earned, shared and owned media are leveraged to create optimal holistic results for clients.
What you will be doing:
- Supervising PR specialists as direct reports
- Managing client relationships and organizing workflow
- Serving as point of contact for vendors and negotiating vendor contracts
- Leading departmental initiatives and staying on the forefront of industry trends
- Developing PR strategy for clients
- Consistently writing and editing excellent PR products (e.g., news releases, opinion pieces, blogs, contributed content, etc.)
- Cultivating productive relationships with key journalists
- Earning media placements through pitching
- Tracking coverage via third-party platforms using PR analytics
- Editing and approving PR reports
What you bring:
- 5 years of public relations experience
- Ability to manage people and projects
- Understanding of PESO media model and integrated marketing communications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in AP style
- Experience juggling multiple assignments/projects
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve under pressure
- Adept in MS Word, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets and PowerPoint/Keynote
- Expertise with PR media monitoring tools, media databases, news release distribution services, and media and coverage analytics software
- A strong work ethic, a passion for learning and a desire to receive constructive feedback
Tombras PR is a public relations powerhouse embedded in a full-service advertising agency. Our holistic approach to brand storytelling enables us to deliver integrated planning, strategy and results for a diverse roster of regional, national and global clients. We're committed to the PESO media model, whereby we leverage paid/earned/shared/owned media for cohesive marketing communications, reputation management, thought leadership and crisis comms.
Why you’ll want to work at Tombras:
You’ll be joining one of the top independent agencies in North America. Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results® is working for our clients and creating a flywheel affect fueling both client and agency growth. You’ll be a part of a highly creative agency that has been recognized by AdAge, Adweek, Communication Arts, Fast Company, Forbes and Fortune. Tombras was recently named a 2022 AdAge A-List Standout Agency.
Family - It comes first, on every list. Tombras has been family-run since day 1, we strive to facilitate a family-oriented environment rooted in supporting one another.
Tombras is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Job may require traveling overnight, driving long distances as required and sitting for extended periods of time with occasional walking and standing and occasionally lifting or carrying articles weighing less than 10 pounds.
Remote employees must be based in the United States.