This position is responsible for defined quality processes for multiple programs at the General Dynamics Camden Facility. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, overseeing development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives to reduce process variation and prevent defects and/or non-compliance; support integrated product/process teams; always remain in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; daily interaction and oversight of quality inspection personnel including training training new inspectors; ensure the production operating procedures are accurate; resolution of WIP related nonconformances; communication of nonconformance to quality assurance; support process and quality systems audits; and communication of quality issues internally and externally through Integrated Product Teams (engineering, contracts, procurement, manufacturing engineering, program mgmt.). Must be able to effectively communicate with manufacturing operations, customers and the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), and limited engagement with suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Conflict resolution
- Time management
- Computer skills: Word processor, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, etc.
- Use of quality improvement tools
- ISO/AS Quality Management Systems
- Understanding/use of principles, concepts, and practices and their application within discipline or function
- Strong knowledge of related disciplines or functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- Engineering degree
- ASQ Certifications: Quality Manager/Organizational Excellence, Quality Engineer, Six Sigma Black Belt, Quality Auditor
- 6-8 years of program related quality engineering experience
- Computer proficiency including MS Office
- Geometric, Dimensions & Tolerancing knowledge
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and develop quality planning and inspection requirements.
- Failure analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide quality leadership throughout the program life cycle.
· Experience applying FMEA's, SPC, and tracking and reporting on problem and project status
· DoD Aerospace experience
· Use of Lean Six Sigma/continuous improvement tools.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $94,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hampton, AR 71744: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person