The Production Laborer is responsible for performing duties to load and unload mixing machines with large sacks of food ingredients as is consistent with specifications. This position works 3rd shift and is eligible for full benefits and paid overtime.
- Follow mixing instructions.
- Verify ingredients and cut open bags of ingredients.
- Load and unload ingredients.
- Set-up mixing machine, turn on timer, and operate discharger.
- Ensure products produced meet quality and food safety standards.
- Check yields and investigate discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate production records.
- Assist in cleaning equipment.
- Notify supervisor of unusual problems, delays, and/or safety issues.
- Follow SOPs, GMP safety rules, sanitation rules, good housekeeping procedures, and company rules of conduct.
- Report food safety problems.
- Assist in training less experienced co-workers.
- Participate in all company training for food safety and plant safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires frequent moving and constant exertion of heavy physical effort.
- Prior experience in a position requiring heavy lifting is desirable, such as manufacturing, construction, home improvement store, lumber yard, landscaping, and furniture moving positions is preferred.
- Ability to work in a standing position, climb stairs, and lift or move 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation is required.
- Able to work 3rd shift, 9:00PM-5:30AM.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.