We are fast-paced and challenging.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- Casual work attire
- Regular social events
- Relaxed atmosphere
Big Sky Land Management prides itself on being an excavation and forestry company who delivers excellent customer service and strives to complete projects on time and on budget. We’re looking for team players who enjoy seeing jobs through, no matter the size and scope of the job. By offering competitive pay and strong benefits we have acquired a great team of people and are excited to bring on new employees who feel the same.
The Project Engineer is a key part of the planning and coordination of projects. They will work under the Project Manager and ensure the construction project proceeds safely, accurately, smoothly, and successfully within the allotted time frame and budget.
- Participate with bids performing quantity take-offs, preparing bid packages, and performing subcontract/supplier outreach.
- Daily review of field timecards for accuracy.
- Update project reports monthly with job costs including labor, equipment, supplies, and gravel.
- Maintain time and material logs for extra work items.
- Provide hand-off/ scope sheets to operators including plans, take-offs, gravel estimates, supply lists, and schedules.
- Support the Project Superintendent with field management by understanding and interpreting plans and specifications. Assist superintendent as needed.
- Assist in developing and updating project schedules.
- Participate in monthly cost and revenue projections.
- Accumulate all necessary data and prepare monthly pay estimates for the project manager to review.
- Process submittals, RFIs, and change orders with GCs and owners.
- Update and maintain project drawings and specifications.
- Keep as-builts up to date and submit as needed.
- Maintain quality control documentation and facilitate and/or participate in preparatory meetings, initial inspections, and follow-up inspections.
- Submit digital utility locates as needed.
- Work closely with field construction personnel (Superintendents, Foremen, and Crews).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
- Undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business Administration (Accounting, Management or Finance), or related field. Equivalent experience in a construction-related position will also be considered.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Capable of freely accessing all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
- Previous experience in CAD, Trimble Business Center, GPS Technology, Time Tracking Software, and Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Project management: 2 years (Preferred) or relevant experience.
- Project planning: 2+ years (Preferred) or relevant experience.
- Construction Management degree (Preferred) or relevant experience.
Work Location: In person
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Big Sky, MT 59716: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Why do you want to work at Big Sky Land Management?
- What skills do you bring to the table that will make you successful in this position?
- Have you previously performed similar task as shown in the job posting? If so, which items do you have the most experience in?
- What are your long-term goals?
- What is the earliest you could start?
- Project management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person