Trinity TankCar, Inc. is looking for a Career Quality Inspector in our Longview, TX location!
Our products are an integral part of the supply chain that helps fuel our lives and our economy. Over the last 85 years, Trinity Industries has grown to over 6,000 employees strong with the common purpose of Delivering Goods, For the Good of All.
As a Quality Inspector at Trinity, you’ll make visual and measured inspection of products to ensure conformance with standards and determine if product meets all requirements. You may inspect incoming materials or plates, outgoing materials, or fittings and weld throughout the manufacturing process.
The inspector may apply singular inspection processes, such as hydrostatic tests, and perform x-ray, destructive, and non-destructive examination to verify specified dimensions, strengths, and other quality factors using measuring instruments and inspection equipment. The inspector may also perform magnetic particle inspection.
What You'll Do:
- Exhibit Trinity Core Values and TrinityRail Maintenance Services 3 Ts (take care of our people, trust, and transparency).
- Be present and available for work.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proficiently utilize inspection tools and/or measuring equipment
- Understand and apply quality science and tools
- Perform as Welding Inspector Specialist (WIS) level II or Quality Inspection Specialist (QIS) level II or able to achieve in 6 months
- Work under the supervision of a Level 2 certified inspector
- Follow all safety rules and practices.
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Certified to conduct and approve 2 NDE quality tests (such a bubble leak, dye penetrant, ultrasound) or Certified Weld Inspector (CWI)
Please include any certifications, training or relevant experience and complete details of your work history on your application; need to list at least last 2 employers in application, if applicable.
Why Join Trinity? Trinity Industries offers a comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees are offered Trinity’s standard company benefits package, which includes paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with match, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance and medical, dental, and vision coverage.