Job ID: 2206469
Location: DAHLGREN, VA, US
Date Posted: 2023-05-23
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an Entry-Level Engineer/ Scientist providing engineering and technical support services to support the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) at the warfare center, test facilities, prime contractor facilities, and in the field. This position will provide support to Radar Systems Division B40 Division.
Work will be performed onsite in Dahlgren, VA.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award in Summer 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the research, development, analysis, test and evaluation of exploratory, advanced and engineering development radar systems
- Provide radar development support and software support agent functions for the development and acquisition of new radar systems and the continuing spiral development of existing radar systems
- Conduct testing and evaluation through all phases of acquisition, with a shift in emphasis to analysis and system expertise during formal Developmental and Operational Testing
- Provide worldwide quick reaction support to the fleet by troubleshooting, evaluating performance, and modifying existing radars
- Leverage hands-on work to develop and sustain radar engineering expertise
- Zero (0) years of experience and a Bachelor's degree
- Degree must be in an engineering field i.e.: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, Electronics Engineering; Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics
- Demonstrated experience and ability to perform detailed and complex calculations and knowledge of practices/principles necessary to assess advanced radar systems concepts, assess specifications and perform system integration.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to accomplish assigned tasks.
Must have a SECRET level or higher
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.