Under the general supervision of the Nursing Supervisor, the RN shall be responsible for providing training for staff, develop care plans for consumers, assist in the development of nursing policies and procedures, coordinate care for illnesses, injuries, and emergencies, various other duties as listed below.
- Provide training for direct care staff.
- Ensure required direct care staff training is provided on an ongoing basis.
- Develop, implement, update, and maintain training modules for direct care staff.
- Train direct care staff on the proper method for dispensing and giving medications to consumers.
- Monitor staff’s techniques in dispensing medication to ensure compliance and adherence to procedures and protocols.
- Establish an ongoing in-service training schedule for staff.
- On an ongoing basis provide feedback to the QIDP, Executive Director, Nursing staff on the training outcomes.
- Develop care plans for consumers.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Participate in Human Rights and Infection Control Committee meetings.
- Participate in the evaluation process and program design for each consumer assigned.
- Develop a written nursing plan for each consumer.
- Develop and maintain medication, treatment, and other required record keeping medical forms.
- Ensure Care Providers are active participants in each consumer’s care plan.
- Communicate, as needed, with the Nursing Supervisor and the Medical Director of issues with consumer’s health.
- Communicate with client’s parents, guardians, and/or conservators providing updates, statuses, and reassurance on any changes in client care. Additionally, supporting the LVN’s in their communications with client’s family members.
- Assist in the development of nursing policies, protocols, and procedures for TLC facilities.
- Assist in the development of nursing policies and procedures.
- On an ongoing basis review and update policies and procedures.
- Responsible for keeping informed on trends and updates.
- Coordinate medical care for consumers.
- Care for illnesses, injuries, and emergencies.
- Act as a liaison between consumer’s regular physicians and hospital personnel, as required.
- Oversee consumer medical care in accordance with Title 22.
- Modify nursing plans as needed to accommodate the client’s daily needs.
- Coordinate with the Care Provider to control communicable disease and infection.
- Must have a current registered nurse license issued by the State of California.
- One year’s experience in providing services to the developmentally disabled or providing services in a nursing facility.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to set priorities and organize work responsibilities to ensure completion of assigned tasks within preset time-frames.
- Previous management or supervisory experience.
- Proficient in computer operations to include the following software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Previous experience training and facilitating programs for staff.
- Ability to chart consistently and legible.
- Ability to display a positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse cultures, education, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to give direction to staff and elicit buy-in on changes to policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team centered environment.
- Maintain a valid CA driver’s license with a driving record that is acceptable for TLC’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to lift 10 to 50 pounds.
- Previous work for a non-profit or Intermediate Care Facility, preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is primarily housed in an open and closed, temperature controlled area. There is frequent standing and sitting for long periods of time. Frequent interactions with consumers that are physically challenged that will need assistance. Frequent report writing, charting, and typing on the computer. Frequent cell phone and land line telephone use. Occasional driving is required for consumer’s doctor appointments. Working conditions are subject to occasional weather elements, i.e. sun, wind and rain for outside activities. On occasion, consumers may become physical including but not limited to hitting, kicking, grabbing, and biting.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $45.00 per hour
- Long term care
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Providing services to the developmentally disabled: 1 year (Required)
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- RN License (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location