Are you ready to manage in a new era as a Registered Nurse EP Navigator where building a healthier tomorrow is more than a job? Our Overland Park Regional Medical Center team is committed to partnership, innovation, legacy and improving more lives in more ways. Share your resume today.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are dedicated to improving human life. Each year about five percent of all U.S. hospital services happen at an HCA Healthcare facility. Be an impact as a(an) EP Registered Nurse Navigator where your passion for leading and creativity are valued? We want your knowledge and expertise!
About this Unit:
- Core work schedule: Monday - Friday 7am - 3:30pm.
- Cardiology clinic and/or procedural background and/or RN scheduler/coordinator background, EP experience preferred (clinic or hospital).
- Autonomous role, opportunity to be face of the complex EP program, working with CTS and EP programs, involves coordination of patient care between clinic and facility, including scheduling support, has CV scheduler supporting role.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the delivery, facilitation and improvement of high quality clinical care of the complex arrhythmia and ablation patient.
- The Navigator’s primary function is to build a relationship with patients and physicians, to coordinate a plan of care including appointments, transportation, education, provision and/or enablement of support services and representation within the multidisciplinary environment.
- On an aggregate level, the Navigator will tack performance of the program in line with HCA, division and facility goals (growth, quality, practice guidelines, etc.) and identify opportunities to streamline care practice, through development of evidence-based guidelines.
- The Navigator will serve as a liaison between the patient and family, primary care physician, KCHRI/MWHV providers and staff, internal and external care providers, specialists, support network members (social workers and the wider healthcare community.
- This role will include conducting internal and external outreach and marketing. The Navigator conducts phone follow up within 72 hours to assess patient’s needs post discharge, reinforce discharge instructions and perception of care.
- The Coordinator will work within the facility’s clinical practice guidelines, policies and procedures, and will follow recommendations and guidelines set forth by the program’s medical directors.
- The Coordinator participates in the Performance Improvement program in the development of and compliance with treatment guidelines and all other duties assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Must hold a current license from the KS Board of Nursing. BLS required upon hire. ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
- A minimum of three years of experience in specialty area of cardiology with demonstrated clinical competence.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is a 340+ bed facility offering acute medical services to our patients. We are Johnson County’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level II Trauma Center. We have an Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is a premier area destination for Women's & Children’s healthcare services. We offer the region’s only Maternal Fetal Health Center to care for critically ill mothers and their babies. Our hospital has an antepartum unit, a labor and delivery unit, and a Level III NICU. We have four emergency rooms, including a dedicated Pediatric emergency room and two freestanding ERs located in Olathe and Shawnee. Each year our colleagues treat over 45,000 patients. Caring for patients is more than a job for us, it's our mission and our calling. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health, Kansas City’s leading healthcare provider in the region.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If this is the kind of dynamic growth opportunity that compels you, apply for the EP Registered Nurse Navigator role. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.