St. Joseph Hospice is hiring for Registered Nurse (RN) in Alexandria, LA.
Join St. Joseph Hospice and become part of a team that provides excellent patient care, respects one another, and has a supportive back-office team that ensures you have everything you need to be successful in the field.
We invite you to become a part of one of the fastest-growing Home Health Care and Hospice agencies that spans across six states and employs over 2,400 healthcare professionals. Our vast network of healthcare providers allows us to provide optimal patient care and seamless transition across service lines.
- Registered Nurse (RN) license required in the State of Louisiana
- Minimum of two (2) years full-time experience as an RN, either in oncology, an acute care setting with direct patient care, a long-term care facility, hospice or home health care. Two (2) years hospice care experience as an LPN may be substituted for the required 2 years of experience as an RN
- Current CPR certification required
- Current automobile insurance and valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of EMR is required
- Previous Home Health or Hospice experience preferred
- Compassionate RN with great time management skills
- Performs the initial and on-going assessment of the patient
- Assist in developing and implementing the Hospice Plan of Care
- Educate patient and family on Plan of Care, including medication administration, dressing changes, oxygen administration, Hospice philosophy and care of the terminally ill patient
- Act as primary liaison between physician, patient/family and hospice team
- Maintain an accurate and updated medical record
- Makes routine supervisory visits
- Participates in agency on-call schedule
- Abide by company policies and procedures, compliance guidelines, applicable laws, and regulations promptly reporting any suspected violation of compliance standards
- Competitive Pay
- Increased Earning Potential
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Mileage reimbursement (reflective of fluctuating fuel prices)
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Exceptional People providing Exceptional Care.
All inquiries will be kept confidential. EOE