Registered Nurse (RN) ENDO **Must be able to assist Dr. with the procedure paperwork while procedure is being conducted**
Unit: GI Lab
Work Schedule: FT Days, M-F, flex starts/hours (12's/10's) with on call
The Medical Center of McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing community's needs.
We have expanded our facilities, remodeled existing patient care areas, recruited top-notch physicians and added sophisticated medical and surgical services to meet the dynamic changes that are taking place in McKinney. We were the first hospital in McKinney to provide comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences, and women's and children's services.
The hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson, and Fannin Counties to receive the Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We also received the prestigious Blue Distinction award for our Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement program from Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Medical Center of McKinney is also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
McKinney is the only Texas City to crack the Top 10 on Money Magazine's latest "Best Places to Live in America" list. The magazine named McKinney, TX the second-best place to live in America, in its 100-city list. (20 August 2012.)
Visit our website at http://www.medicalcenterofmckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Performs Direct infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on Endoscopy specific care.
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Plan, implement, evaluate and direct care, using the Nursing Process, with emphasis on the needs of the individual Endoscopy patient
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Delegate tasks as appropriate
- Perform all duties utilizing Patient Experience strategies such as AIDET
- Participate in Endoscopy specific initiatives and process improvement
- Promote a supportive, safe, and therapeutic environment
- Provide supervision and orientation of new employees as assigned
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Participate in department specific requirements as indicated
Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing required
- Two years of Acute Care nursing experience preferred
- Previous Endoscopy or procedural nursing REQUIRED
- Current licensure by the State of Texas or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence required
- BSN preferred
- Specialty Certification preferred
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS required
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross ACLS within 90 days of hire/transfer required