Are you a nurse that is passionate about working with your elders but don’t want your nose stuck in a med cart all shift? Join our team! We have revamped how we deliver care and our new care model allows you to utilize the skills you have, deliver excellent care and work with the population that you are passionate about. We are a not for profit organization with a recent perfect survey and long standing 5 star rating. We have the resources available to offer excellent staff: patient ratios and highly competitive wages.
St. Joseph Residence is seeking qualified Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses. We invite you to apply if you are a customer service oriented nurse who enjoys a fast paced day and can multi-task while giving superior care and customer service. We will consider new graduate nurses.
St. Joseph Residence is a not-for-profit corporation founded by the Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph, owned and operated by Catholic Health International. We are a continuing care campus offering an array of services and settings including independent apartments, CBRF, RCAC, and a skilled nursing facility. Compassionate care is delivered in a faith-based environment, emphasizing independence, respect, and dignity.
The RN / LPN Unit Nurse is responsible for managing all aspects of our resident's medical care including medication pass, (treatments, assessing for change of condition = RN only), and managing the workflow on the unit collaborating with the certified nursing assistants and other departments to deliver daily cares to meet the needs of the residents residing on the unit.
· Oversee all areas of the resident medical needs on a daily basis.
· Implement resident care plans & educate staff on changes.
· Medication pass, treatments, assess for change of condition.
· Supervision of the nursing assistants on the unit utilizing a teamwork approach.
· Work in collaboration with physicians, family members, and other healthcare professionals.
· Provide direct care to residents as needed.
· Responsible for timely and accurate charting in the medical record.
· Participates in performance improvement projects.
· Represent the St. Joseph Residence campus in a professional, customer service oriented manner.
· Valid license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the State of WI.
· Current CPR certification or ability to obtain prior to employment.
· Must be able to multi-task and work in a face paced environment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team.
· Previous experience in long term care preferred, but will train new graduate nurses who possess the above mentioned skills.
· Due to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Vaccination Rule, you must be able to provide proof of full COVID -19 vaccination upon hire or submit a religious or medical exemption request at time of application.
Position Available - PT PM Shift - Work from 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.
FT PM - 48 hours per 2 week pay period
- Week 1 - Sunday, Thursday, and Friday
- Week 2 - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday
Shifts are every other weekend and every other holiday but we can modify schedules to meet your needs!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $32.00 - $42.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Nursing home
- Night shift
- Rotating weekends
- Do you have the COVID vaccination or willing to get the vaccine? You must answer this question.
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- RN License or LPN License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person