REGISTERED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN – EQUINE & LARGE ANIMAL
The Registered Veterinary Technician provides veterinary assistance to the Valley Equine Hospital and the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine on site and in the field. The RVT cares for the animals under the care of the Veterinarian, assists with treatment or surgery of animals and maintains Veterinary Services facility and equipment. The Vet Technician aids the veterinarian in achieving greater efficiency in overall patient care. This position is in Gilroy, CA.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Technicians will apply their professional technical skills in assisting with anesthesia, dentistry, laboratory testing, patient general care and client education.
- Maintain high standards of patient care.
- Action distress behaviors in patients and assisting doctor with interventions.
- Documentation of patient vitals and notifying doctor of any abnormalities.
- Provide medical treatments as directed by DVM and perform in-house laboratory tests or collect samples as needed.
- Provide patient care supporting vital health and wellness needs pre and post medical intervention.
- Provide Veterinary Technician support by assisting doctors with medical procedures including prep and post care.
- Proactively support the internal needs of the hospital including ensuring product supply / equipment needs are met.
- Assist with radiology, lab work and pharmacy requirements.
- Patient handling including horses of varying temperaments and medium to large livestock.
The technician must be a detail-oriented person and make good decisions, respond quickly and calmly to crises.
Follow instructions diligently and adheres to quality-of-care standards.
Time management skills and be self-motivated to provide excellent care to our patients.
Requires significant multi-tasking and a creative thinking ability.
Diligent, resourceful, and committed to higher quality of service care.
Attention to detail and asks questions in areas of uncertainty. Eager to learn.
Flexibility and self-starter, multi-tasker, team orientated, resiliency.
Strong communication skills: listening, interpreting, writing and client relations.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to set a good example, promote a positive work environment and provide direction and motivation to co-workers.
Uphold the LBEMG key value which is strive for excellence in the health and care provided to our patients and clients.
Professional & Work Related Requirements:
College diploma and or equivalent experience with competency in the skills required for veterinary technician licensure and genuine interest to pursue RVT certification.
Minimum 1 year equine / large animal technician experience.
Lift up to 25 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gilroy, CA 95020: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Veterinary experience (Preferred)
Work Location: In person