Categories: Student Summer Term
- Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
- Institutional Student
- Closing on: May 31 2023
- $15 Hourly, Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
- 19 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability:No
- Hybrid Work Availability:No
Purpose of Position
This is a part-time, non-benefited position. Only UND students are eligible to be hired in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in summer research projects involving mosquitoes and ticks. Job duties will include:
- assist in rearing mosquitoes & ticks.
- dissect mosquitoes & ticks.
- assist in field work involving capture of rodents, shrews, and songbirds.
- some molecular diagnostic techniques (e.g., DNA extraction and PCR of samples). - (Essential)
Upper-level undergraduate students with some experience in the use of microscopes and basic pipetting skills. Experience in dissecting small arthropods is a plus.
Enrolled UND student in 2023 Spring/Summer/Fall Semester
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.
For full consideration, applications must be received by the closing date and include the following materials:
Please include in the application if you are currently or have in the past 12 months been employed with the University of North Dakota, the North Dakota University System or any other North Dakota State agency. If so, include which agency/department, as well as how many hours you work a week.
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:55PM CST on the closing date. Student job openings are posted for a minimum of 3 business days.