This position has the ability to work out of a home office; however, candidates must be located within a 50 miles radius of Bend, OR. Travel throughout this region will be required.
This position may be eligible for a sign-on bonus and/or relocation bonus! (Payout and retention terms apply.)
The pay range listed for this position represents the low and high end of the base compensation range. The actual offer amount will carefully consider multiple factors, such as relevant skills, qualifications, work experience, location and/or competencies that align with the specified role. Certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses and equity awards.
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Metrocom/TDS) is a leading provider of fiber internet service. With more than 50 years of experience, the growing communications company is building and deploying new, fiber optic networks in neighborhoods across the country to deliver up to 8 Gigabit internet speeds to homes and up to 10 Gigabit internet speeds to business. In addition, TDS provides innovative TV entertainment and advanced phone services. Visit tdsfiber.com to learn more.
TDS provides communications services to a mix of rural and suburban communities throughout the United States. The company employs more than 3,400 people nationwide and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS Inc.), a Fortune 1000® company [NYSE: TDS]. Founded in 1969, Telephone and Data Systems provides wireless, broadband, video and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million connections nationwide through its businesses: UScellular, TDS Telecom, and OneNeck IT Solutions. Visit tdsinc.com for more information.
Permits (research requirements, communicate with permit authorities, attend meetings, occasional field work and travel, scope/ estimate work, create tasks, work with professional service vendors to obtain data and studies, prepare applications, negotiate and submit fees, expedite and secure rights ahead of construction, update and closeout records, GIS databases and maps, care for annul requirements, payments, bonds, insurance, reporting, etc.).
- Easements & Right of Entry Agreements (research local requirements, scope/estimate work, ensure compliance with law and policy, negotiate with private property owner(s), obtain survey and legal description, prepare document, secure signatures, notary, ensure payment, public recording, update records, GIS databases and maps.)
- Lease work (assist with negotiation, alerts, payments, W9 issues, location issues, ownership changes, records research, phone calls, document preparation, etc.)
- Any other responsibilities, duties or tasks as assigned in support of achieving goals and objectives.
- Assist with Special Projects and Initiatives (committees, mandates, programs, customer driven and success based projects and needs).
- Assist with Operations (vendor and risk management, metrics, reports, scheduling, communications, research, customer service)
- Associate Degree (or higher) –OR– 2+ years professional work experience
- 2+ years experience in Voice, Data, or Video networking -OR- 6+ months TDS Telecom technical internship experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance.
- Technical knowledge of Real Estate Law, Land Surveying, Project Management, GIS, Telecommunications, Engineering, Construction, and other fields is desirable.
- The independent ability to quickly learn and comprehend a wide variety of complex work, responsibilities, assignments, customer requests, inquiries, notices, alerts, issues, project documents, details, standards, plans and maps and review them for completeness, risks, policy compliance and to help determine/ estimate the scope of work, timelines and costs for tasks and the best practices required for their successful completion.
- The ability to own/ care for/ be accountable to successfully create, organize, schedule, resource, track, update, report, communicate status, expedite, overcome obstacles/ issues, complete, closeout records and report metrics for multiple tasks simultaneously within expectations of cost, time, quality, etc. while working independently and/or with others on a daily and ongoing basis to meet performance and productivity expectations.
- The ability to comprehend and help ensure that larger team and organizational goals and initiatives are successful through a sense of importance and urgency surrounding task throughput, efficient utilization of time, effective communication and prioritizing of tasks, assignments and responsibilities.
- The ability to quickly and confidently build trusting, positive and productive internal and external professional relationships with a wide variety of diverse individuals/ personalities, whom often have different priorities, temperaments and concerns, through effectively addressing obstacles to success (such as incomplete/ missing permit submittal information or unreasonable permit authority requirements) and by trying to help find and negotiate fair and reasonable solutions is essential to securing rights to place facilities quickly and overall success.
- The ability to utilize Microsoft Office Software, such as Outlook (email), Excel, Word, is required, while One Note, SharePoint. Power Point, Access, Project and Clarity, Ariba, SAP and AutoCAD skills are a plus. The ability to utilize ESRI GIS Software to map records and maintain geodatabase, write python scripts, build complex queries, tools and maps is desirable
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!
$57,800.00 - $93,900.00