We are a leading company in industrial manufacturing, looking for a Safety & Environmental Coordinator to join our team! This is an onsite position where you provide basic to routine technical assistance in the establishment and enforcement of policies and regulations relating to the control of the environmental and occupational hazards. You will Inspect and monitor established policies and procedures for the safe use and control of hazardous materials and or occupational hazards.
We are looking for someone to own this function with demonstrated experience of how they measure safety.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist in monthly and annual requirements including, but not limited to, audiograms, ISO14001 audit, noise monitoring, and SPCC inspections.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety and environmental training programs. Programs may include, but not be limited to, monthly safety talks and specific training such as, confined spaces, spill training, contractor training, etc.
- Review and assist in accident/incident investigations. Recommend alternate means and methods by which injuries/incidents and their related costs may be reduced.
- Handle all work comp claims from submission to settlements and claim closure.
- Maintain the OSHA 300A log and track work comp stats.
- Present monthly safety and environmental data to the management team during operational reviews.
- Monitor work areas for hazards and employee compliance to safety and environmental policies.
- Assist with committee activities such as safety teams and risk reduction projects.
- Monitor activities of contractors onsite for hazards.
- Maintain contractor safety training records and certificates of insurance.
- Provides and updates informational postings, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Maintains safety and environmental files and records in a timely manner.
- Manages workforce regarding promoting and enacting continuous improvement ideas, coordinating safety activities performed by operators, supervision, and management.
- Creates employee badges and maintains the security system database.
- Manages the safety and environmental budget.
What You Need for this Position
- 2+ years of experience in Safety and Environmental assurance area or certifications in related areas
- Training experience in safety is a huge plus
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience presenting to teams and management
- Knowledge of ISO14001 is a huge plus
What's In It for You
This is a 5 day a week onsite position.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.