Aquionix, Inc. (Aquionix) provides environmental, health and safety consulting services to a variety of business sectors such as mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and general industry. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and are known for providing solutions that exceed our customer’s expectations. Aquionix, Inc. is seeking a full-time Air Permitting and Compliance Engineer with 10 or more years of experience in the permitting and compliance field to join our growing Denver, Colorado office.
This position will have the opportunity to work with our manufacturing customers and several small to mid-size oil and gas operators in Colorado, Wyoming and Utah, supporting customer air quality permitting and compliance needs. Primary roles and responsibilities will include:
- Review of prepared APENs and APEN updates
- Management of oil and gas client air permitting and compliance
- Dissection and dissemination of new regulations to staff and clients
- Management of a team of air consulting project managers
Education: A bachelor’s degree in engineering is preferred; however, a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or environmental science will also be considered.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- 10 or more years of experience in the field of air compliance
- Experience with permitting and compliance under Regulation No. 3 and Regulation No. 7 in Colorado
- Experience with engine permitting and compliance
- Experience with GHG and NSPS OOOOa reporting for the oil and gas industry
- Familiarity with Colorado’s CEOS platform and Wyoming’s IMPACT platform
- Title V experience, a plus
- Ability to work independently, communicate clearly (excellent oral and writing communication skills)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide creative and flexible solutions
- Personality traits to interact with a large variety of clientele
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with Sharepoint, a plus
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug and alcohol screening prior to employment.
Benefits: Aquionix offers competitive salaries and benefits in an environment that promotes employee growth. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Matching 401K, after 6 months of employment
- Paid holidays
- FART outings (that stands for Fun Aquionix Recreational Team)
- Flexible work environment
- Performance-based profit sharing program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Employees are required to wear a mask in accordance with county regulations and in accordance with customer requirements when on a customer site.
- Describe the most difficult aspect of permitting an engine. Must answer to be considered.
- Can you commute to the Arvada, CO office at least 2 days per week?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- air quality permitting and compliance: 8 years (Required)
Work Location: In person