Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
WORK LOCATION: This is a remote/virtual position. Candidate can be based anywhere within the United States.
This is a mid-level design engineering position that offers a variety of challenging opportunities in Mechanical Engineering and will provide an excellent opportunity for career advancement.
- Lead Mechanical design engineering efforts on multi-disciplined project design team
- Responsible for production of engineering calculations/analyses, design drawings and engineering reports
- Apply mechanical engineering expertise to the design and qualification of structures, systems, and components
- Produce Procurement Specifications and Construction Specifications (Mechanical sections)
- Attend project meetings and perform field walkdowns
- Mentor junior engineers
- BSME or MSME degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited program and/or PE licensure
- 5 or more years of progressive responsible experience in mechanical engineering in a nuclear environment (DOE preferred, commercial or Navy)
- Experience with producing engineering designs for piping, HVAC, or radioactive material handling systems; Experience with more than one type of system is a plus
- Field Engineering and Construction Experience is a plus
- Experience with remote handling equipment (e.g., gloveboxes, fume hoods, etc.) design and installation strongly desired
- Experience with ASME B31 and/or AG-1 and N509/510 codes
- Proficiency in fluid flow and/or transient analysis software such as AFT Fathom, Arrow, Impulse
- Must be able to obtain US Government security clearance
- Must be able to travel to support customer needs in New Mexico (Los Alamos, Albuquerque, Carlsbad)