A Produce Clerk is responsible for stocking and maintaining fresh produce in an orderly and appealing manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES – At Brookshire Brothers, our core values, Quality, Growth, Community, Passion, and Home, are a priority to all team members. Each of us are responsible for upholding these values in our positions, as well as striving to live up to our mission- “Good people, selling good food, and doing good deeds in the communities in which we live and work.” In this role, you also must:
- Display outstanding customer service skills by greeting customers, and providing friendly, courteous service at all times. Display this same courtesy to co-workers as well.
- Assist in unloading produce trucks to a refrigerated cooler and arranging in an orderly manner.
- Prepare produce for display by cutting away undesired leaves and other parts of the produce item. Cutting fruit
- Transport the prepared produce to the sales floor and display in an appealing manner.
- Be willing and able to work additional shifts other than what is posted on weekly schedule
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT- To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- You must be able to crouch, grasp, lift, pull, push, reach, stand, kneel and walk.
- You must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Exertion of heavy forces, and repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and fingers are frequent.
- You must be able to see, read, and understand directions and measurements.
- You must have the ability to clearly hear or sense alarms and verbally communication warnings
- Work is continuous, and it cannot be easily or economically interrupted for breaks except at regularly scheduled intervals or the completion of an assignment.
- Working conditions of 100 degrees and cold conditions of below freezing for periods of more than 15 minutes are frequent.
- Must be available to work any hours and over schedule if necessary.
Job Type: Part-time
- Health insurance
- Paid training
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vista, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Produce: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person