Job ID: 2307379
Location: RESTON, VA, US
Date Posted: 2023-05-23
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. This is a full-time remote position that can be worked anywhere within the US, and is part of a team that is migrating legacy applications into a Cloud environment. This is your opportunity have a rewarding career participating, learning and developing an invaluable skillset in the technology industry, while providing meaningful contributions to our DoD customers.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Evaluates legacy application architecture and proposes to-be cloud architecture
- Assists in preparation of work breakdown structures and level of effort estimates
- Creates Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts
- Develops data migration approaches
- Supports User Acceptance Testing and issue remediation
- Conducts knowledge transfer activities for transition to sustainment teams
- Produces technical documentation and procedures
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a US Citizen - No dual citizenship
- Must possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET prior to start date.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field and five or more years of experience.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as GIT
- Experience with software development processes such as Scrum or similar
- In-depth knowledge of software n-tier architectures
- Knowledge of application middleware such as WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, IIS
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to an audience of varying technical levels
- Secret Clearance
- AWS and/or Azure certifications
- CompTIA Security+ certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.