At Repsol, we are committed to equality and do not request personal information.
We believe that diversity contributes to innovative ideas and provides added value that enables us to benefit from mutual learning and perform our best work. Here, what counts is your experience and your ability to create value. We offer you the opportunity to grow professionally, develop your career with challenging projects and collaborate with talented people worldwide. As a company committed to diversity and inclusion, we encourage all professionals who meet the job description requirements to apply.
Repsol Renewables North America (RRNA) is seeking an innovative and motivated individual to oversee the daily operations of a PV Solar plant as part of RRNA’s rapidly growing renewable energy portfolio. Under limited supervision, this role is primarily responsible for ensuring the reliable operations of a 500MW AC plant in Northwest Texas. This position will consist of both field and administrative duties including the supervision of field technicians and collaboration with external contractors. The role will report to the RRNA’s Head of Solar Field Services.
The position is based in Tulia, Texas where the plant is located.
- Serves as the owner representative of the plant.
- Collaborates and coordinates with contractors to plan and execute preventative and corrective services on the PV plant.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of plant equipment by performing in process QA/QC interactions.
- Work with external parties to ensure performance data (availability, performance ratio, etc.) is correct and agreed to in real-time.
- Proactively look for improvement opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Interpret, and understand drawings and schematics to develop work instructions for planned activities ensuring risks are identified and mitigated.
- Perform advanced level troubleshooting for component repair and replacements with proficient use of specialized tools and diagnostic processes.
- Effectively gather information regarding plant performance/issues, diagnose, recommend, and work with internal and external teams to implement solutions to complex issues.
- Independently execute and perform tasks according to general guidance and operational objectives.
- Strong attention to detail and operational excellence
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures and act as a safety role model, encouraging and recognizing others completing safe acts and intervening when unsafe acts are observed.
- Identify gaps in safety standards and safety risks in the work environment, implement effective risk mitigation and provide recommendations to the safety department and management.
- Continuously demonstrate and promote integrity, initiative, and a no-compromise focus on safety and quality of work.
- Work with internal and external teams to provide useful daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Perform QA/QC inspections.
- Facilitate periodic equipment inspections and reporting.
- Document all work performed using computer-based service reporting procedures.
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels to foster strong team environment. Assist teammates in accomplishing operational objectives as well as mentoring lower-level technical staff. Be a champion for change and promote company initiatives enabling team spirit and cooperation.
- Additional duties as required.
- Legally authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
- 5+ years of experience working in power plants with 2 years at a lead tech or supervisor level.
- Experience with Balance of Plant equipment and operations (substation, distribution, meteorological, civil, etc.)
- Experience leading contract and or internal personnel with responsibility for providing direction, development, and conducting performance assessments.
- Ability to read drawings and schematics.
- Ability to navigate and understand SCADA and plant performance data to make recommendations as needed.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work around low- and medium-voltage equipment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to other construction and operational sites within the US as needed.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on holidays and weekends and to work on short notice as needed.
- Experience with power plant operations and maintenance, high-voltage switching, and post-operational repair and maintenance
- Ability and willingness to respond to site emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as needed.
- Experience interpreting and reporting on technical issues.
- Ability to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills, technical and non-technical.
- Motivated by desire to foster and support the RRNA culture.
- Ability to quickly identify and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to frequently perform physical tasks including standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching approximately 75% of the time while on power plants; ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment.
- Walking: Ability to frequently walk across unpaved and rough surfaces when on sites
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to frequently lift, push, pull and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds in weight
- Vision/Hearing: Strong ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Tolerance to Extreme Weather Conditions: Ability to work in adverse weather conditions within the guidelines of prudent safety practices.
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
Repsol is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Job posting end date:31-12-2023
Josu Jon Imaz
$1 to $5 billion (USD)
Company - Public
Energy & Utilities