St. Mary Catholic School, a Pre-K through 8th grade school, located in historic Hagerstown, MD is seeking a full-time 3rd Grade Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. A willingness to commit to and collaborate on behalf of student growth and success is essential.
- Develop and document weekly lesson plans and labs consistent with curriculum guidelines
- Provide grade appropriate instruction within the context of the Archdiocesan curriculum
- Responsible for the safety and active supervision of students
- Establish reasonable standards for student achievement, updating PowerSchool weekly
- Interact effectively and respond to all parent communication in a professional, empathetic and timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary or Secondary Education
- Current MSDE certification, or willingness to obtain certification
- Knowledge of curriculum, instructional methods/strategies, and curriculum differentiation
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Demonstrates ability to operate with a growth mindset and seek opportunities for feedback.
- Able to work collaboratively with a professional learning community of teachers.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of St. Mary Catholic School.
- Practicing Catholic preferred