Archbishop Borders School, the only Dual Language School in the Archdiocese of Baltimore, has an opening for a K-8 art teacher. We are looking for a creative, flexible art teacher to join our team. The art teacher's responsibilities include sourcing art supplies, preparing lessons, and providing developmentally appropriate instruction on art techniques. You should also be able to supervise lessons to ensure that learners interact in a supportive and respectful manner.
- Planning lessons on art and art history in accordance with students' learning objectives.
- Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Developing students' drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
- Providing instruction on the use of media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Teaching students about art history.
- Assigning and grading projects and examinations
- Complete interim reports every 6 weeks
- Recording and reporting on students' progress.
- Ensuring that the classroom is clean after each lesson.
- Monitoring inventory and sourcing art supplies, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts with teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an art teacher (preferred)
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of art techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to supervise group work and up to 25 students in a class
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills.