Talascend is currently seeking a Technician for a contract opportunity located in Wheatfield, NY.
Performs a variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly tasks in support of specific production units, developmental or prototype requirements in product development, manufacturing engineering or preproduction operations where documentation and guidance may be limited.
- Works from schematics, blueprints and oral instructions to construct developmental assemblies, sub-assemblies and components.
- Uses standard electronic assembly tools and materials.
- May perform modifications, rework and quality testing.
- Work typically includes interaction with development and/or manufacturing engineering personnel.
- Experience in using a Microscope to assemble components.
- Experience with visual acuity in working with microscopes.
- Demonstrated outstanding attention to detail.
- Experience with miniature precision devices and components.
- Experience working in an ISO/clean room environment.
- Experience in using a Microscope to assemble miniature parts into assemblies (such as watch making, jewelry, medical devices, hybrid microelectronics, accelerometer, gyros).
- IPC J-STD-001 solder certification.
- Experience with electronic assembly and electrical testing.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.