Using a personal vehicle, the Territory Sales Representative (TSR) travels to customer sites, takes inventory of what products are needed, checks product rotation and then writes the order. The TSR will review order and present new products and any up-coming promotions to owners / managers / key decision makers. Demonstrates and advises our customers on how these products can increase revenue. The TSR is the face of NEIC and must represent the company well in word and action. This individual must address all customer questions and concerns in a professional manner. In summary, the TSR will presell the customer’s order, build on customer relationships and prep the area where the product will be merchandised, to ensure a smooth delivery of our products.
Territory area includes: In and around Portland, ME/North Conway, NH
*Candidates must live central to the territory covered and be able to use their own personal vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors product at the store/location level and provides accurate and timely orders for the customer based on applicable store/chain guidelines, promotional activities and new product offerings.
- Meets/exceeds assigned case volume and net revenue targets.
- Meets customers’ needs.
- Maintains manufacturer plan-o-grams, NEICC Merchandising standards and product rotation.
- Arranges payment, as needed, for equipment and /or product with drivers and customers confirming and changing arrangements as needed.
- Professionally builds and facilitates relationships, manages issues between customers and internal personnel.
- Coordinates flow of complex and time-sensitive information among customers, internal personnel and field personnel.
- Coordinates delivery of new product as well as credit or product replacement for meltdowns.
- Provides reset support to all retail accounts for all NEICC food partner brands.
- Makes recommendations for improvements.
- Increases sales in existing accounts using promotional incentives and POS material.
- Monitors foreign product, the general appearance and the cleanliness of freezer equipment within the assigned area; cleans out ice in preparation for delivery.
- Troubleshoots any customer related issues such as pricing, delivery time, owed payments and freezer issues to provide solutions in a win-win fashion.
- Stays informed on all industry trends; keeps current and increases knowledge of all manufacturers’ programs.
- Effectively uses computer programs/business data in the day-to-day business including invoice creation (occasionally) or a credit and follow-up notes in customer service data bases.
- Possesses complete knowledge of all assigned product lines.
- Keeps current on all new product offerings and product changes within the district.
- Assists in sales and product training of peer sales people and customers within the district.
- Maintains a supply of sales offering sheets, POS material and technical material – freezer.
- Stays current and familiar will all ice cream freezer types; communicates service calls for repair or replacement of equipment.
- Adhere to all management direction, OSHA, DOT, and applicable laws.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and processes, including Dress Code, Alcohol and Controlled Substance, and Motor Vehicle Records/Vehicle Insurance policies. Must consent to annual Motor Vehicle Records review and submit proof of automobile insurance annually. Must submit to random alcohol and drug screens (for safety sensitive positions) as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- HS diploma required; BA/BS degree preferred.
- 1-5 years relevant experience; sales, merchandising or combined route sales, wholesale driver and operations experience. 2 years’ experience in route sales preferred.
- Project management experience and ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects and competing priorities
- Ability to write orders in a timely fashion; ability to work weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Proficiency in using technology; handhelds required.
- Proven customer service skills; able to resolve situations in a win-win fashion.
- Proven analytical skills; able to optimize sales/customer service and schedules to meet the needs of the customer and contractual obligations.
- Strong professional and proven written, verbal and interpersonal English communication skills. Must be able to work effectively and clearly one-on-one.
- Must be clear and direct over the phone; must be a quick, concise communicator.
- Must reply/follow up to all company communications in a timely and professional manner.
- Interest and experience in interacting with all levels and departments within a company including expediting the work of field personnel.
- Organized with strong multi-tasking, follow-through and organizational skills handling multiple, simultaneous projects /details under deadline pressures.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate excellent sales and interpersonal skills (as evidenced by previous successful sales experience).
- Must be self-motivated and driven to grow business with new and existing customers.
- Ability to work on a team and a willingness to do whatever it takes, including sharing related industry knowledge with company management.
- Demonstrated track record of company longevity/loyalty (3+year)
- Desired location for candidate to reside is within assigned territory.
- Ability to travel
- Must possess a valid Driver's License, a clean driving record, and current automobile insurance with the requisite limits required by NEICC.
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
New England Ice Cream Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road