Objective: Develop cost-effective tooling designs and bills of material for Semblex manufacturing.
1. Review product drawings for forming efficiency (new parts)
2. Perform formability calculations to determine forming sequence, proper machine, and wire size.
3. Use CAD software to produce tool assembly and detail drawings for tool mfg.
4. Use DEFORM simulation software to analyze forming techniques and die designs.
4. Complete tooling bills of materials in the engineering system database.
5. Create tool designs and BOM for new parts. Follow new parts through
manufacturing process and work to resolve manufacturing issues when
6. Submit and contribute input to the design review team (DFM) and make appropriate changes prior to release of new parts.
7. Work with Manufacturing Dept. and Tooling Dept. in reviewing and resolving
manufacturing issues on shop floor.
8. Review manufacturing feedbacks and requests for change with manufacturing and tool room personnel.
9. Make appropriate changes to tooling prints and BOM’s.
10. Issue ECN’s to appropriate departments.
11. Maintain engineering standards and best practices.
12. Perform tool standards and tool life reviews.
13. Complete short-lead-time requests from Sales and forward to Materials.
14. Assist cost-estimators on special parts.
Education: Four-year degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Progressive multi-die header tool design preferred, but not required
Skills: Cold forming principles, CAD (AutoCAD/Inventor preferred) software, knowledge of special quality requirements, general forming tolerances, and raw materials and manufacturing operations.
Physical requirements include: Lifting up to 30 pounds on occasion.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Progressive Tool Engineering: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person