WHO WE ARE
Spinnaker Resorts develops, markets and provides property management for 12 resorts that offer different experiences, as each location has unique topography and local flavor. From the low-key coastal paradise of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, to the sunny shores of Ormond Beach, Florida, to the neon and natural draw of the Ozarks in Branson, Missouri, or to the historical charm of Williamsburg, Virginia – Spinnaker Resorts has developed resorts that our owners and guests love to return to after previously experiencing vacation days filled with leisure and exploration.
An award-winning vacation ownership company, Spinnaker Resorts offers a variety of opportunities for talented individuals who seek a rewarding career in helping make vacation ownership dreams come true. What makes us memorable, in addition to our excellent quality accommodations, amenities and property management, is our company’s exceptional customer service and dedication to our owners and guests.
As we continue to expand our operations, consider starting a career with a company made up of over 500 industry professionals dedicated to one common goal: providing our owners and guests with the most extraordinary vacation experience possible.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and securing all VRC tradeshows within our target markets and demographics. Coordinator is expected to complete all pre- and post-show administrative duties as required for the position.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and booking all VRC tradeshows and ensuring all are staffed properly in order to meet sales goals.
- Ensure that inventory levels of tradeshow booth supplies, materials, etc. are monitored and supplies restocked as required.
- Secure and arrange travel plans for tradeshow team members and Trade Show Manager. To include but not limited to, accommodations, rental car reservations and air travel.
- Complete and submit weekly expense reports for trade show team members.
- Monitor the ongoing success of tradeshows by completing post show financials and re-caps.
- Continuously evaluate current processes and procedures to maximize opportunities for cost reduction and/or increased efficiency/effectiveness.
- Ensure high-quality execution and customer service levels for all clients and events.
- Function as liaison between VRC accounting and tradeshow/lead vendors.
- Maintain a detailed account of event finances, invoices, and expenses
- Produce event reports detailing cost, attendance, leads generated.
- Keep senior management informed of all pending issues and/or concerns.
- Maintain flexibility in accepting new and changing responsibilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED required, bachelor’s degree in marketing preferred; significant work experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum five (5) years demonstrated success in event management, minimum of three (3) years administrative work experience; work experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Strong knowledge of the organization's products, services, and sales techniques
- Strong knowledge of and skilled in negotiation.
- Basic knowledge of vacation ownership and travel exchange companies.
- Knowledgeable and competent in completing paperwork pertaining to vacation package sales.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, routines, and equipment.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft® Office products and proficient in the usage of.
- Knowledge of computers and skilled in the usage of .
- Ability to set goals and objectives while demonstrating excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to assist and support others using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Ability to accept new and changing responsibilities.
- Ability to accurately prepare detailed forms, documents, and reports.
- Ability to effectively convey information to managers/supervisors and/or employees.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality of critical and sensitive information, verbal conversations, financial matters, and reports.
- Ability to work independently and seek out answers on own, self-starter.
- Ability to establish and maintain complex record keeping systems.
- Ability to exude confidence, while being professional and courteous.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner using tact, patience, and courtesy; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, employees, and management.
- Ability to provide strong attention to detail and problem solve.
- Ability to multi-task using excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to listen, comprehend, interpret, and apply directives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hilton Head Island, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Events management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person