This role will be responsible for variety of functions within the region and globally (Vehicle Competitiveness, Product Planning, Vehicle Connected Services, and Infotainment/Electrical design teams) to provide feedback and set direction for system requirements for current and future In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI) and Telematics systems.
Figma, Adobe XD, Envision, Visio skills required.
UX Research and Test Engineer will be responsible to provide detailed benchmark information, help establish target criteria, direction for screen layouts, execute customer clinics and user studies, and conduct physical validation testing of the systems target achievement.
Job functions Include but are not limited to:
- Benchmarking of competitive IVI and connected car systems in addition to consumer electronics to provide market trend analysis of customer expectations.
- Identify key performance attributes and feature requirements to be adopted to our products to maximize the HMI/GUI ease of use.
- Review and evaluate information architecture, interaction designs, UX writing and motion designs.
- Conduct UX Research, including but not limited to:
- Usability Test: Design tasks, questions, and prototype requirements.
- Recruit, schedule sites, and participants; collect observational and diary-based studies.
- Interpret data; create empathy maps, affinity diagrams, and provide actionable recommendations based on the results.
- Analyze 3rd-party customer survey data to support system requirements and predictions of future system performance.
- Analyze circuit diagrams and manage delivery/build of IT bench systems for software testing.
- Plan and support testing (physical and software-based), validation, and verification of IVI and Telematics Systems, ensuring high quality, on-time delivery, and overall system qualification.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Industrial, Biomedical, or Human Factors Engineering, Human Computing Interaction, Human Centered Design Engineering
- 2-3 years of experience required.
- Required Skills: FIGMA, Adobe XD, Envision, Visio.
- Self-motivated and effective communicator with a strong interest in emerging technologies and the ability to create and deliver presentations to push new ideas through the company.
- Ability to travel to Japan up to 2-3 times per year and to regional sites (AZ, TN, Canada, Mexico) 4-5 times per year.
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience in Human Factors related to Human Machine Interface (HMI), advanced displays, cognitive task analysis, customer clinic / user study setup and analysis, and Agile software development.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screen may be required.
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.