VCA Northview Animal Hospital is seeking an enthusiastic experienced Credentialed Veterinary Technician (LVT, CVT, RVT) to join our leadership team full time as a Technician Supervisor!
We are a larger multi doctor practice, with a small family feel. We have built a culture of support and kindness, and truly work together as a team. Our hospital supports Surgery, Internal Medicine, the full circle support of General Practice and Wellness care, Urgent Care, as well as Rehabilitation patients.
You will be offered monthly training and support on various industry focused leadership and development topics. Your success is our success and we work as a collaborative unit providing you the connectivity of 10 additional specialty hospital supervisor teams to grow, learn, and share information with. We’ll work together to create effective, fulfilled teams, happy healthy hospitals, and maintain overall career satisfaction.
Please take a moment to view our hospital video below and learn a bit more of VCA Northview is the right choice for you!
VCA Northview Recruitment v2.0.mp4 - Cloud
Veterinary Technician Supervisor Responsibilities:
- · Full Technician Skill Utilization
- · Working collaboratively with team members of all hospital services
- · Coaching associates based on need to aid in their success
- · Facilitate communication of ideas, policies, standards and performance
- · Provide feedback related to associate performance, and collaborate with leadership to develop performance improvement plans
- · Support associates in their career via VTNE guidance, licensure guidance, and scheduling
- · Maintain skill efficiency and knowledge
- · Effective scheduling
Potential Schedule: Flexible
Compensation: $24 – $28 / hour dependent on skill set, experience, and licensure status
The Culture at VCA Northview
We are passionate about our team’s health and wellness and continue to foster a culture where asking questions is welcome and training is the expectation. We are committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity, and strive to be a place where a talented mix of people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We support a work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve while supporting a work-life balance.
We not only work hard, we play hard too. We love a pot luck lunch! We celebrate the holidays with fun things such as personalized Valentines and holiday themed hidden objects stashed throughout the hospital with treats and surprises. We practice leaving notes of kindness, go on Starbucks runs (!), ice cream magically appears in the freezer from time-to-time, and have you seen our Vet Tech Week? Our jobs can be stressful. We expect professionalism while appreciating a good sense of humor. You’ll regularly hear knock-knock or “dad” jokes being exchanged in our treatment room. This is a small sampling of the gratitude we show one another, being the most compassionate, dedicated veterinary medical professionals around.
The Benefits Continue To Grow:
- · Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
- · Free NAVTA Membership & RECOVER Training
- · Discounts to Fear Free Certification & VetGirl
- · Growth & leadership opportunities
- · Medical, Dental & Vision
- · Career development programs
- · Veterinary Technician education tuition support and scholarships
- · $750 continuing education funds for credentialed associates
- · Veterinary Technician license reimbursement
- · Generous hospital discounts and product discounts
- · Employer-paid life, long- and short-term disability insurance
- · VTS Career Path financial, and mentorship support
- · Paid vacation and sick time
- · Paid parental leave
- · 401(k)
- · Freemental health resources and wellness subscriptions (Headspace)
- · Referral bonuses
- · Infertility benefits
- · Competitive wage
- · Freeaccess to Plumbs, and education platforms such as Vetfolio
Please take a moment to view our brief video on life as a veterinary technician with VCA from a technician’s point of view.
Why You Should Consider VCA Northview
Pittsburgh is located in the south western portion of Pennsylvania and is consistently ranked among the top places to live, work, and visit in the United States. Pittsburgh proudly boasts the nickname “City of Champions” with some of the best sports teams and fans in the country - we have three professional, and numerous collegiate sports teams. The Cultural District is home to downtown’s dynamic art and entertainment scene, offering a multitude of choices for live entertainment, contemporary music, modern dance, visual art, and thought provoking theater, as well as classical music, opera, ballet, film, and more. Beautiful landscape and scenery are over every hill, and there are plenty of biking and hiking trails to explore it all.
Candidates must be positive and motivated. The hospital team meets frequently, and your ideas and suggestions are encouraged to help us continue to grow. Our team takes pride in fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect and recognition while being adaptable, goal driven and engaged. We work hard to protect our culture and assure we hire associates that are going to have the determination to rise above obstacles, wear multiple hats and work as a team.
We look forward to getting to know you!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- VALID CVT
- Ability to monitor anesthesia
- Please include a non-indeed email for connectivity
- Supervising: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person